Software Engineering Manager — Load Balancing — (August 2022 - Current)
- Managing one engineering team in Cloudflare’s production engineering organization, with 9 direct contributor
- Priotizing and executing on roadmap to support, grow and expand Cloudflare’s Global Traffic Management business
unit revenue by EOY 2023.
- Leading ideation and execution of new business line, Local Traffic Management, to ensure new revenue growth
and market competitiveness.
- Collaborating closely with product management & key stakeholders on strategic and quarterly planning.
- Conducting performance and growth reviews for team members and developing standardized promotion practices
- Serving as Road Manager on Engineering initiatives to improve productivity and execution.
Software Engineering Manager — (February 2021 - July 2022)
- Managed two engineering teams in Spotify’s Artist organization, with 7-9 direct IC reports in Data, Backend and
- Collaborated closely with product management & key stakeholders on roadmap, strategic, and quarterly planning.
- Improved engineering culture by fostering a stronger relationship between engineering and design and iteratively
shipping releases to improve velocity and release management.
- Conducted performance and growth reviews for team members and participated in organizational promotion
- Lead and developed Spotify for Artists’s user impersonation feature retiring a method that was vulnerable to
privilege escalation attacks.
- Served as Road Manager on Engineering initiatives to improve productivity and execution.
Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead — (April 2019 - Jan 2021)
- Served as tech lead for Authorization and Permissioning team. Lead team of 5 engineers through planning, design,
development and rollout of multiple products and features.
- Served as the tech lead for Wrapped for Artists 2019, led team of 3 engineers through planning, development and
rollout of project to over 700k users with peak traffic at 10k rps.
- Built enterprise platform to onboard and integrate Spotify acquisitions into Spotify permissions ecosystem.
- Managed relationships with team stakeholders, refined and prioritized the team’s backlog, and worked directly
with product and design partners to plan the team’s future roadmap including advocating for prioritization of
- Pitched and planned internal tech-learning course on integration testing and test containers.
Senior Software Engineer 1 — Data Group — (January 2017 - March 2019)
- Served as project lead for schematization initiative. Responsible for 5 engineers as well as planning, development
and rollout of initiative across entire the engineering organization.
- Served as project lead for data lineage initiative. Integrating third party data visualization component and developing api service for point in time queries related to lineage state.
- Operationalized 1 PB HDFS cluster and developed tiered data segregation practices.
- Designed and developed features for production streaming platform.
- Developed and performance-tuned api service currently serving hundreds of thousands of requests per minute.
Software Engineer 3 — Data Ingestion and Analytics — (June 2016 - December 2016)
- Developed service for data movement between Hive, Sql Server and Azure Data Warehouse
- Responsible for the development of initial inter-company data movement services between Jet and Walmart
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key etl processes in Spark
- Developed UDFs, monitoring solutions and plugins for Presto
Software Engineer — Data Driven Products — (May 2015 - June 2016)
- Developing Mapreduce, Pig, and Spark applications for ETL pipelines, audience generation and adhoc analysis
- Integrated third party data into existing data processing pipelines and platforms
- Served as primary technical resource on project to migrate existing workflows to newly developed internal data processing platform
- Served as primary technical resource on PIQ-id project, a large device-to-device graph used for user level conflation
CTO — (May 2015 - Current)
- Lead the successful development of our initial web content platform
- Managing team of 1 backend engineer, 2 frontend engineers and 2 graphic designers
- Responsible for facilitating the execution strategic and tactical goals as they pertain to the development of the our webplatform
- Working with partners to design and implement the bidirectional integration of our data platforms
Software Engineer — Deployment Automation Consultant — (January 2016 - February 2016)
- Automated deployment process for Noon Pacific api application using Docker, Django and Weave
Founding Software Engineer — (October 2014 - May 2015)
- Implemented listing search feature in Android application.
- Used D3 and Plotly.js to create of IBeacon management application for CSP Management
- Lead the company through a successful acquisition.
Teaching Assistant | Recommender Systems — (January 2015 - May 2015)
- Worked with students to ensure the attainment of pre-stated course learning objectives
- Held TA hours twice a week over the course of the semester
Head Undergraduate Researcher/Algorithm Engineer — (May 2014 - May 2015)
Primary Investigators: Dr.Douglas Turnbull(Ithaca), Thorsten Joachims(Cornell)
- Facilitated the development of new playlist recommendation engine using Java and Play
- Worked with primary investigators to develop novel algorithm for personalized song distance estimation
*pending paper publish
Undergraduate Research Assistant — (October 2013 - May 2014)
Primary Investigators: Dr.Douglas Turnbull(Ithaca)
- Maintained legacy playlist recommendation platform written in python
Local Music Discovery
- Megs is a local music discovery platform designed for use in the study of how users discover and share music. It is also used as a mechanism to test different playlist generation algorithms and test the effectiveness of different A/B testing methods.
Unbiased News Curation
- Angled originated from, and was created for, users who have become irritated with biased news reporting. The goal of Angled is to provide users with a holistic view of semantic and thematically related news articles based on the information they are already consuming.
Guided Media Exploration
- Using a growing corpus of pictures and gifs, Feedr attempts to cluster and serve the user content in a way that emphasizes passive but cognizant consumption of information. This is achieved through a rating system in which the user gives feedback how well the system predicts preferences.
Yelp Dataset Challenge
- Under the advisement of Prof Douglas Turnbull, this project seeks to test users affinity to my proposed new method of ranking reviews by optimizing for both usefulness and marginal relevance.
- I love to create tools that help people. My life passion is finding a way to use technology to help the disprivileged and the less fortunate. My interests lie in programmatic curation of information, and solving of interesting problems whether within the realm of CS or not
Summary of Qualifications
TECHNOLOGIES AND LANGUAGES
Ithaca College: B.A in Computer Science; Minor in Economics
- Machine Learning
- Computer Science 1 & 2
- Data Scrutures
- Discrete Mathematics
- Money and Banking
- User Interface Design and Development
Hunter College and New York City College of Technology(Post Bacc)
- Calculus 1, 2 & 3
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra